Doughnuts are delicious and can be turned into a healthier treat when you bake them rather than frying. These vegan, gluten-free beauties from https://thelovegrass.com/will satisfy your taste buds and your tummy in one sumptuous sitting!
• 100g Lovegrass Ethiopia white Teff flour (or plain white flour)
• 100g ground almonds
• 1.5 tsp gluten free baking powder
• 160ml plant milk
• 4 tbsp maple syrup
• 2 tbsp rapeseed oil
• 1 tsp almond essence
• Melted vegan chocolate for dipping
• Freeze-dried berries
• Sprinkles of your choice
1. Preheat oven to 180C and lightly grease a 6 hole doughnut tin
2. Mix the dry ingredients together in one bowl
3. Mix the wet ingredients together in another bowl
4. Combine the wet and dry ingredients together and spoon all of the mixture into the tin
5. Bake for 20 minutes then leave to cool on a wire rack
6. Dip into melted vegan chocolate and sprinkle with freeze dried berries, nuts or your favourite sprinkles!
Yonas Alemu https://thelovegrass.com/
Ethiopian Habesha Teff is a naturally gluten free grain that’s high in fibre, iron and magnesium and is the only grain known to contain significant amounts of Vitamin C. The prebiotic fibre is an especially key benefit for IBS sufferers. Lovegrass Ethiopia was born from a mission to share the benefits and uniqueness of Ethiopian Teff with the rest of the world. In doing so, they work directly with local farmers to create a market that pays them a fair price, enabling them to invest and grow their own small businesses that can be passed onto the next generation.